Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog Alert - Do Small Press Credits Hurt My Chances? - Mary Kole - Kidlit.com



Blog Alert - Do Small Press Credits Hurt My Chances? - Mary Kole - Kidlit.com

This is an issue I have not seen discussed much - especially as framed here. Mary addresses the issue in a succinct post which, however, carefully avoids the issue of self-publishing. The bottom line is that credits from small presses can't hurt your chances - although they may not help.

The one piece of advice I would add is ALWAYS be guided by a prospective agent's submission guidelines. His or her stated preferences about listing writing credits should always trump any general advice.

Mary hints that she may have a longer post upcoming that will tackle the general question of self-publishing. We're waiting!

Check out Mary's post here.

Check out Mary's blog at www.kidlit.com

-Steve

1 comment:

Terry Stonecrop said...

Another illuminating one. I read her conference post too. Lots of good stuff.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't read a kidlit site. That's where your blog is helpful. You find the good ones I wouldn't.

Thanks for posting.